So many races to run, so little time. So many events in which to participate, but limited financial resources you can apply to them. Choose wisely, my friend, choose wisely. Don’t waste money or time on events that might not live up to – or far better, exceed – your expectations. Check out the race course, learn about the directors, read the testimonials. Do your homework. We know you’ll choose American Odyssey Relay once you do that!
Here are just a few of the American Odyssey Relay differentiators:
- Beautiful course, put together by runners for runners;
- Incredible American Odyssey Relay family atmosphere with runners helping each other and race directors out on the course throughout the entire relay;
- Food opportunities. Many small places along the way and at transitions and two big ones: The Odyssey Oasis at legs 16-18 in Boonsboro has grilled foods and hot soup, plus other assorted items. And, then, there’s the world famous Boy Scouts Pancake Breakfast at transition 24;
- Warm schools at the Odyssey Oasis in Boonsboro and Poole Middle School at transition 30. Showers and sleeping available in Boonsboro; and
- Great food and drinks at the finish.
BACK AGAIN THIS YEAR! If you are uncertain about signing up for an overnight relay, or just don’t have that kind of time, we have a great option for you! The Potomac Odyssey is a one-day, nine-leg, 57-mile relay beginning in Brunswick, MD on Saturday, April 28th and running concurrently with the American Odyssey Relay. Teams will start at roughly 7:00 am depending upon their predicted pace. They will finish at the SW Waterfront and be a part of the overall American Odyssey Relay celebration party! Participants in the Potomac Odyssey receive separate t-shirts and compete for their own awards. For more information about this great new option, please click here.
American Odyssey Relay is a homegrown race, not part of a national chain. When you send an email to American Odyssey Relay, you get a response directly from the race director or one of his huge staff of one (occasionally two!)
While our numbers continue to grow each year, we are driven by quality, not quantity. We aren’t owned by investors, we’re owned by runners. So, you never have to worry about overcrowding or corners being cut. Come out and join us and see for yourself!